Elementary age kids with their new reading and reasoning skills and their parents can exploring faith and the Bible together. Your child is ready to explore God’s Word and faith - and you can lead them through this exciting time of growth.
- Parent Cue App - The Parent Cue App is designed to help every parent do something each week to help move their child toward a deeper faith and a better future.
- RightNow Media - Gateway has access to an extensive, new video library called RightNow Media!This site has videos for everyone—kids, youth, parents, married couples, college students, single adults, working professionals—all aimed at helping you grow.
- Parent Cue Website – Parent Cue will remind you why what you do is so important. To help you focus on what matters most.
Books for Parents
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity – Reggie Joiner
- Raising Kids Who Turn Out Right – Dr. Tim Kimmel
- Raising Kids for True Greatness- Dr. Tim Kimmel
- Parenting with Love and Logic-Foster Cline, MD and Jim Fay
- Boundaries with Kids- Dr. Henry Cloud, Dr. John Townsend
- Raising Kingdom Kids- Dr. Tony Evans
- Grace-Based Parenting- Dr. Tim Kimmel
- A Practical Guide to Culture: Helping the Next Generation Navigate Today's world – John Stonestreet, Brett Kunkle
- Put the Disciple into Discipline- Erin MacPherson, Ellen Schuknecht
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World- Kristen Welch
- Praying Circles Around the Lives of Your Children- Mark Batterson
- The 5 Love Languages of Children- Gary Chapman, Ross Campell
Core truths we want your child to learn:
- Make wise choices
- Trust in God no matter what
- Treat others the way I want to be treated
We want to pull alongside parents to help them encourage their kids to read God’s word. We do this through our annual First Bible celebration. We set aside the first Sunday in May for our first graders and their parents in Gateway Kids (Kids Town 1). On that morning, Mom and/or Dad present to their child with their first Bible.
View other parenting resources in Parent Pathway