Friday, April 19, 2019, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
A Good Friday event for children Pre-K-4 to kindergarten during the Good Friday Service.
Come take a step back in time and "Walk with Jesus." Learn about the Last Supper, smell and taste the herbs of the time, and follow in the footsteps Jesus walked.
The children will travel back in time to Holy Week with activity stations set up for the children to experience:
- Woman Anointing Jesus with Perfume - Children will be making bottles of scented oils.
- Jesus Washing His Disciples’ Feet – Children will get a chance to experience a foot washing.
- The Last Supper – Children will get to taste different foods that Jesus and His disciples might have eaten, and we will talk about communion and what it means. They will be shown how it is done by dipping bread into juice.
- Jesus Praying in the Garden of Gethsemane – We will talk about prayer, create a pray egg filled with prayers and make butterflies and flowers with prayers to hang on the cross in Kid’s Town 2.
- Good Friday – Jesus and The Cross – Children will make a cross from clay, recap what Good Friday means and at the end each child will receive a cross to take home.
We hope that this walk through Holy Week will give these children a better understanding of how much Jesus loves them.