Our mission at Gateway is to lead everyday people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It's pretty straight forward, but carries a significant challenge and purpose for our existence as a church.
Everyday people are simply real people that we share life with in the real world.
And how do we know what our lives should look like as a "fully devoted follower of Christ"?
COMMIT to following Christ
Commit my life to Christ (conversion/baptism)
Commit to having a consistent time with God
Commit to growing deeper in my faith (spiritual disciplines/core beliefs)
CONNECT with one another
- Connect with my church (membership)
- Connect with others (small group communities: life group, seasonal group or support group)
- Connect one-on-one (mentor/mentoree relationships)
SERVE my church and my world
- Serve on a Gateway ministry team
- Serve outside the church locally and/or internationally
SHARE the Good News
- Share God's love (in words & actions)
- Share my church (Invite others to church)
- Share my faith story (relationally & through intentional discipleship)