How to Prayer-Walk
Prayer walking is a faith venture of bringing our burdens, cares and visions before God concerning a particular location, group of people, activity, etc. We never know what God just may do in answers to our prayers!
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
Prepare for your Prayer-Walk
- Seek God’s guidance on where you should prayer-walk and what exactly you should be praying for.
- Make sure you have the right attitude when prayer-walking.
- Realize that prayer is a form of worship. Three elements that could be part of your worship are thanksgiving, praise, and repentance.
Pray Quietly or Aloud
- Pray quietly. You can be on the scene without making one.
- You can prayer-walk alone, but many find that their prayers are more focused, and it helps you stay more focused, when expressed with a group.
- Pray audibly for clarity and better agreement amongst your group.
Pray with God’s Spirit
- Invite the Spirit of God to accompany you, guiding your steps and your words.
- Be attentive during moments of silence, allowing the Holy Spirit to help you see with His eyes and pray in accordance with His heart.
- A benefit from prayer-walking is that you will be more aware of God’s Spirit and committed to the places and things that you will be praying about.
Pray with God’s Word & with a Purpose
- Read Scripture while you are praying. You can do this quietly or even take turns reading the Bible aloud.
- Make sure you persevere throughout the prayer-walk and keep your focus on God. The enemy likes to take your focus elsewhere.
- When walking around the school, community, etc., pray for peace for those who will be involved in these places.
“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.”